Deadline for applications is March 28, 2014
All qualified students invited to apply. Don’t miss it!
What Will I Gain from SAGE?
- LEARN seismic reflection & refraction techniques.
- GET to the gravity of the matter.
- FAMILIARIZE yourself with electromagnetic methods.
- APPLY geophysics to environmental or archaeological problems.
- MEET other students with similar geophysical interests.
- INTRODUCE yourself to career opportunities - make contacts with industry representatives.
- STUDY the tectonics of an active continental rift.
Read More About SAGE
- A Model of Success - 3.1 MB PDF
- Celebrating 25 Years! - 460 KB PDF
- Endowing SAGE - A Commitment to Our Future - 186 KB PDF
- Recent Publication of SAGE Results - Ferguson, J.F., et al., 2011, Hydrogeophysics and the settlement of San Marcos Pueble, NM: Investigations by the SAGE geophysical field course, SEG Expanded Abstracts 30, 1421 (2011); doi:10.1190/1.3627468 (SEG copyright; by permission.)
- Recent Publication of SAGE Results - E. Hinz, Ferguson, J. F., Pellerin, L., and Ramenofsky, A. F., 2008, A geophysical investigation of subsurface structures and Quaternary geology at San Marcos Pueblo, New Mexico
Support to SAGE includes loans of major equipment and industry-standard software, visits from working professionals, and financial assistance.
2000 Recipient of the Special Commendation Award of the Society of Exploration
Geophysicists to Co-directors
" ...in recognition of meritorious service rendered the scientific community, the Earth sciences, and exploration geophysics."
1998 Recipient of the Excellence in
Geophysical Education Award of the American Geophysical Union
...to acknowledge a sustained commitment to excellence in geophysical education.